Andrew Beekhof wrote:
this commit is wrong - only the children indicated in the process definition are allowed to die
please revert this change asap

http://hg.linux-ha.org/dev/rev/e4a4c6fd5649

Well... That's not what happens in reality, and as far as I can tell it's expected.

When one of your processes dies, it creates a cascading chain of other dying processes which are connected to it via IPC, which die when it dies. As a result, when something important like the CIB dies, virtually any/every one of your processes can die as a result. Which one(s) die before the node suicides depend on the timing.

The key causative factors of this are:
        Your processes don't suicide directly.
        It appears that file descriptor notification
                pretty often happens before death-of-child
                signals

So, a process (let's say the CIB) dies, and then one or more of
        its many local peers (CRM, pengine, attrd, tengine,
        etc.) discovers that it has disconnected.  It in turn
        dies, and depending on the relative timing of when
        the log message gets sent out or the suicide occurs,
        the log messages may be received by the remote logging
        daemon - or not.

What have I missed here?

--
    Alan Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship... Let me claim from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce