Yan Gao wrote:
On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 07:54 -0700, Alan Robertson wrote:
Yan Gao wrote:
I'm rewriting the order and colocation configurations of mgmt. Following
features will be implemented:

1. Get the crm.dtd file from server end.

2. Dynamically adding gtk widgets for attributes of a type of elment
completely according to the dtd definition.

3. The Added widgets are different for CDATA or enum type of attributes
to ensure the inputted values will be legal for dtd.

4. Marking out the default values.

5. The widgets for required or optional attributes will be put into
different tables.

6. Dynamically generating appropriate description for current setting.

Hence all information in dtd can be exploited. In other words, it'll
provide full features.
I've been thinking of building up a general model for kinds of elements.
And I'll try to unify the style of adding objects and viewing objects.

The following are some screenshots. Any comments will be appreciated.
I didn't look at your screenshots, but the ideas sound wonderful.
Sorry, I added the sreenshots in attachments.

Also, you might look at using crmlint to validate the CIB you generate. There is also information in ciblint which should definitely be of value to you.

I'm kind of focused on the release at the moment, so if you would also CC me directly, if you want to discuss this, that would help me. Thanks!

Thanks! It's a good tool. By now, haclient doesn't generate a xml file.
In the GUI, orignal comboboxes will be added for the attributes of enum
type. It'll just allow users to select a valid value from a list and
prevent them to input a invalid value. Any other validation checking
hasn't been implemented yet.

I have extended the metadata to explicitly include enumeration values. I think this would help a lot for the kinds of validations I think you're doing.

--
    Alan Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship... Let me claim from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce