From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <l...@novell.com>
To: High-Availability Linux Development List <linux-ha-dev@lists.linux-ha.org>
Sent: Fri, May 28, 2010 8:49:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Linux-ha-dev] Monitoring Process Death

On 2010-05-21T12:12:12, Bob Schatz <bsch...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think the basic requirements are:
>
> 1.When a process starts it registers itself with a kernel component.  This
> registration also gets passed an action.

The easiest way would be for the RA to register pids to be monitored to
lrmd, and have lrmd generate failed monitor messages if one of them goes
away.

(Of course, the RA needs to unregister them as part of the stop
operation!)

No kernel changes are necessary, this can all be implemented via a patch
to lrmd and some supporting shell funcs.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.