> Am I too paranoid?

I don't think you are. Some non-root pratically being able to remove any
file is certainly a valid concern.

Thing is: I needed an RA that configured a cronjob. Florian suggested
writing "the" symlink RA instead, that could manage symlink. Apparently
there was an IRC discussion a couple weeks ago that I was not a part of.

So while the symlink RA could also do what I needed, I tried to write
that instead of the cronjob RA (which will also come since it will cover
some more functions than this one, but that's another story).

So anyway, maybe those involved in the first discussion can comment on
this, too and share thoughts on how to solve things. Maybe they had
already addressed these situations.

Regards
Dominik