On 2012-09-05T15:25:44, Dejan Muhamedagic <de...@suse.de> wrote:

BTW, FWIW -

> monocf may be just like ocf, sans start and stop operations.
> That would make all ocf RA elligible for this use.

Thinking about this, not entirely. We'd have to fake the start/stop at
least. (In particular the start.)

For probes, start has to do at least

        while ! monitor ; sleep 1 ; done

to wait until the service is up, before going on. Otherwise, we'd
possibly immediately report a failure to Pacemaker and trigger
recovery.

(Unless we want to mess with start-delay, which I dislike and also
doesn't provide such nice reporting.)

"stop" is tricky from the PE perspective - we don't actually want to
stop the probes, but only the VM (which implies the stop of the services
it provides).

And if we can, we'd love to keep showing the probes's state while the VM
shuts down, to show the admin what's going on. But, of course, not
trigger a recovery.

So, we'd want start-up to be:

VM -> (probes) - that's easy, as a group or as resource set

Shutdown would be the same, though:

VM -> (probes) - and not the inverse of the above.

I wonder how much this would suck or if we should just suck it up and
destroy the probes and then stop the VM (giving up this added
transparency)?

Regards,
    Lars

--