Hi Keisuke-san,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 06:33:49PM +0900, Keisuke MORI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does IPaddr2 need to support 'eth0:label' format in a single 'nic'
> parameter when you want to use an interface label?
>
> I thought it does't from the mata-data description of 'nic' but it
> looks conflicting with the 'iflabel' description;
>
> nic:
>  Do NOT specify an alias interface in the form eth0:1 or anything here;
>  rather, specify the base interface only.
>  If you want a label, see the iflabel parameter.
>
> iflabel:
>  (omit)
>  If a label is specified in nic name, this parameter has no effect.

Hmpf.

> The latest IPaddr2 (findif.sh version) would reject it as an invalid
> nic has specified.
> If we do need to support it I will submit a patch for this.

I'd rather just update the iflabel description. After all,
normally one doesn't need to specify the nic. But you'll
get different preferences from different people :)
However, it seems to be a regression, so we should probably allow
labels. BTW, is this related to
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/issues/200 ?

Cheers,

Dejan