Sep 9 11:15:56 dl380g5a kernel: SoftDog: Unexpected close, not stopping watchdog!
(snip)

It seems that the sbd watch process had been stopped
before watchdog_close() was done. And watchdog reboot
the system.

Best Regards,
NAKAHIRA Kazutomo

Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
On 2008-09-08T18:04:00, NAKAHIRA Kazutomo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm trying SBD that introduced into the latest lha-2.1 repository.

In SBD official document(http://www.linux-ha.org/SBD_Fencing),
watchdog is recommended to be used, but I'm torn between
enable watchdog using sbd watch command option "-W" and
enable watchdog using watchdog directive in ha.cf.

I'd suggest to use the sbd one - that's the one you want to definitely
protect in an sbd configuration.

Please point it out if it is necessary to abolish an existing setting,
and to use sbd watch command with "-W" option.
# Or are both configurations needed?

You cannot use both; in that case, it'd continue running until both
fail, which is not recommended.

Regards,
    Lars

NAKAHIRA Kazutomo
NTT DATA INTELLILINK CORPORATION
Open Source Business Unit
Software Services Integration Business Division

Toyosu Center Building Annex, 3-3-9, Toyosu,
Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0061, Japan