Hi!

Just yesterday I made some changes to the vmware-stonith-script, so that it's
possible to shutdown/start/reset nodes on vmware hosts, even if the cluster
nodes are spread over several vmware hosts (where the vmware hosts are not
clusterd themselves and thus aren't reachable over the same IP).

Well... the script runs smoothly and I'd like to offer it to the community.
What's the best way to contribute it?

There's just one issue: It doesn't work with a "free" VMware ESXi 4.x (and thus
not in our environment). VMware blocks write access to the virtual machines via
the SOAP remote API. :-( Would anyone of you know a workaround? (Yes... I know:
The easies workaround would be to simply buy a license, but for several reasons
I have no influence in, that's not possible.)

Cheers and have a nice weekend,

Andreas

--
CONET Solutions GmbH
Andreas Stallmann,

------------------------
CONET Solutions GmbH, Theodor-Heuss-Allee 19, 53773 Hennef.
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Siegburg (HRB Nr. 9136)
Gesch?ftsf?hrer/Managing Directors: J?rgen Zender (Sprecher/Chairman), Anke
H?fer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Hans J?rgen
Niemeier

CONET Technologies AG, Theodor-Heuss-Allee 19, 53773 Hennef.
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Siegburg (HRB Nr. 10328 )
Vorstand/Member of the Managementboard: R?diger Zeyen (Sprecher/Chairman),
Wilfried P?tz
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Gerd
Jakob