Hi there,

I asked the same question some time ago and received no suitable answer so far.

DRBD [1] does no "proper" replication over three nodes; it's basically still a
Two-Node-RAID-1 with a third node, which doesn't really take part in the
cluster but receives replication data as kind of a "backup" node. What we would
need was some kind of node-based RAID-5.

As of now, I have no solution, but some ideas where to look for one:

http://www.gluster.org/

I haven't spent much time with working out how it works, but as far as I
figured out, glusterfs can keep data consistent over more than two nodes.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GlusterFS
and:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_systems#Distributed_parallel_fault-tolerant_file_systems

Cheers,

Andreas
[1] The DRBB folks might please correct me, if I'm wrong.
--
CONET Solutions GmbH
Andreas Stallmann,