On 09/15/2011 01:33 PM, Charles Richard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just looking to see if i could get a little help understanding more about
> heartbeat.
>
> I've got a Drbd and Heartbeat setup on a CentOS 6 server.  When i start
> Heartbeat, the virtual ip doesn't get added as a virtual interface and I
> don't understand why.

How do you know: it's not showing in "ip show" or not showing in
"ifconfig -a"? Or you can't ping it from another host?

> Also confused as a lot of what i read on the internet mentions using
> Pacemaker with Heartbeat but yet the documentation from Oracle doesn't
> mention using Pacemaker at all as another article I'm using as well has no
> mention of Pacemaker.

I'm yet to see a document that you could follow and end up with a
working pacemalker/R2/corosync/crm/openais/whatevertheywannacallittoday
cluster. And since most of the documentation for R1 aka haresources is
gone now, if you don't already know how to use that, you're SOL.

Dima
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin