Hello Florian,

Thanks again for your response, as for the build setup we are using
the following:

GCC Version:4.4

export PREFIX=/usr
export LCRSODIR=$PREFIX/libexec/lcrso
export CLUSTER_USER=hacluster
export CLUSTER_GROUP=haclient

getent group ${CLUSTER_GROUP} >/dev/null || groupadd -r ${CLUSTER_GROUP}
getent passwd ${CLUSTER_USER} >/dev/null || useradd -r -g
${CLUSTER_GROUP} -d /var/lib/heartbeat/cores/hacluster -s
/sbin/nologin -c "cluster user" ${CLUSTER_USER}

* Reusable Cluster Components (glue): ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX
--with-daemon-user=${CLUSTER_USER}
--with-daemon-group=${CLUSTER_GROUP} (maybe
--enable-fatal-warnings=no)

* Resource Agents: ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX

* Corosync: ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX --with-lcrso-dir=$LCRSODIR

* OpenAIS: same as corosync

* pcmk: ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX --with-lcrso-dir=$LCRSODIR
--with-corosync --with-cman

* Cluster 3: ./configure --prefix=/usr --without_rgmanager
--corosyncincdir=/usr/include/corocync --corosynclibdir=/usr/lib
openaisincdir=/usr/include/openais --corosyncbin=/usr/sbin/corosync

>> you are effectively trying to duplicate the work of a
>> distribution

Then it should work, unless I erred in the installation somwhere.

>> that would easily explain all runtime errors you've run into

I only experienced two of them, and the first one was fixed with Andrew's patch.

>> I'm also a bit baffled by your apparent requirement to be able to put
>> this "on any *nix based system" -- rest assured, getting this stack to
>> run on Solaris is a much bigger challenge than it is on Linux.

We only have to work our way through the same problem once. Next time
we will know exactly how to get
around it...

>> Finally, even though you have asked here multiple times about
>> dual-Primary DRBD, OCFS2, DLM, CMAN and friends, the only explanation
>> for _why_ you want this setup that I've found on the list is that you
>> want it for shared configuration files.

You missed the email expalining that we are only testing the entire
setup for simple files
at the moment, but will be making use of XEN, live migration etc... As
you know, there is
a lot happening with the entire spectrum (Cluster3, pcmk etc..) in
terms of development,
and it makes more sense for us at the moment to adopt the unstable in
parallel with
the what is included in the distro.

Florian, you have absolutely no idea who it is you're talking to. I'm
the calmest individual
it's almost eerie. How can you possible know what it takes to offend me?

Please sir, I am just trying to move forward with the project.

Kind Regards,

Nick.