Michel,

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Michel Lion <ml...@allot.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would need to configure a Linux Cluster for an Oracle instance.
> I found some very interesting scripts for starting up and shutting down the
> database to be used inside the heartbeat configuration files
> (https://raw.github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/master/heartbeat/oracle).
> However, I could not figure out exactly where to configure that and how to
> use those scripts.
>
> I understand that the line " node1  10.0.0.170
> oracle::RK1::/oracle/10.2::orark1" should be configured in the
> /etc/ha.d/haresources but what should I do with the script itself? Would you
> have some document or guide that describes how to proceed?
>
> I am currently using the following heartbeat version package combinations:
>
> [root@oracle-1 ~]# rpm -qa | grep heartbeat
> heartbeat-stonith-2.1.4-2.1
> heartbeat-2.1.4-2.1
> heartbeat-pils-2.1.4-2.1

As Robert was saying, those releases are ancient. You need to
definitely go with Pacemaker 1.1.5+ and either Heartbeat 3.0.x or (my
preference) Corosync 1.4.2+.

If you haven't heard of any of these before, the following pages have
brief writeups of those three:

http://www.hastexo.com/knowledge/pacemaker
http://www.hastexo.com/knowledge/corosync
http://www.hastexo.com/knowledge/heartbeat

However, you're of course strongly encouraged to also take a look at
the respective project web sites which are linked from there.

As far as configuration is concerned, you might want to take a look at
http://youtu.be/3GoT36cK6os for an intro to the Pacemaker stack (if
you're unfamiliar with it at this point). For Oracle specifically, you
will need to configure at least two resources in your Pacemaker
configuration, one for the database instance and one for the TNS
listener.

Minimal resource configuration examples are included in the relevant
resource agent man pages:

http://linux-ha.org/doc/man-pages/re-ra-oracle.html
http://linux-ha.org/doc/man-pages/re-ra-oralsnr.html

Hope this helps.