On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 6:55 PM, William Seligman
<selig...@nevis.columbia.edu> wrote:
> On 3/3/12 12:03 PM, emmanuel segura wrote:
>>
>> are you sure the exportfs agent can be use it with clone active/active?
>

> a) I've been through the script. If there's some problem associated with it
> being cloned, I haven't seen it. (It can't handle globally-unique="true",
> but I didn't turn that on.)

It shouldn't have a problem with being cloned. Obviously, cloning that
RA _really_ makes sense only with the export that manages an NFSv4
virtual root (fsid=0). Otherwise, the export clone has to be hosted on
a clustered filesystem, and you'd have to have a pNFS implementation
that doesn't suck (tough to come by on Linux), and if you want that
sort of replicate, parallel-access NFS you might as well use Gluster.
The downside of the latter, though, is it's currently NFSv3-only,
without sideband locking.

> b) I had similar problems using the exportfs resource in a primary-secondary
> setup without clones.
>
> Why would a resource being cloned create an ordering problem? I haven't set
> the interleave parameter (even with the documentation I'm not sure what it
> does) but A before B before C seems pretty clear, even for cloned resources.

As far as what interleave does. Suppose you have two clones, A and B.
And they're linked with an order constraint, like this:

order A_before_B inf: A B

... then if interleave is false, _all_ instances of A must be started
before _any_ instance of B gets to start anywhere in the cluster.
However if interleave is true, then for any node only the _local_
instance of A needs to be started before it can start the
corresponding _local_ instance of B.

In other words, interleave=true is actually the reasonable thing to
set on all clone instances by default, and I believe the pengine
actually does use a default of interleave=true on defined clone sets
since some 1.1.x release (I don't recall which).

Bill, seeing as you've already pastebinned your config and crm_mon
output, could you also pastebin your whole CIB as per "cibadmin -Q"
output? Thanks.

Cheers,
Florian

--