On 03/09/2013, at 9:20 PM, Moullé Alain <alain.mou...@bull.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A simple question : is there a maximum number of resources (let's say simple
> primitives) that Pacemaker can support at first at configuration of
> ressources via crm, and of course after configuration when Pacemaker has to
> monitor all the primitives ?

Simple answer: it depends

> (more precisely, could we envisage around 500 or 600 primitives, or is it
> completely mad ? ;-) )
>
> (I know it is dependant on  node power, CPU, mem, etc., but I'm speaking here
> only of eventual Pacemaker limitations)

There is no inherent limit, the policy engine can cope with many thousands.

The CIB is less able to cope - for which batch-limit is useful (to throttle the
number of operation updates being thrown at the CIB which limits its CPU usage).
The other limit is local and cluster messaging sizes - once the compressed cib
gets too big for either or both transports you can no longer even run 'cibadmin
-Q'

For IPC, the limit is tuneable via the environment.
For corosync, its high (1Mb) but (I think) only tuneable at compile time.