On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 05:39:44PM -0500, Bill Vodall wrote:

> > It's a strategy that allows attaching the TNC to any UNIX machine,
> > even without AX.25 support.  It's a hack but I was playing with it
> > for a while when I ran out of interfaces.
>
> That could be VERY userful...   Any more details available?

6pack is implemented as a line discipline, so any tty, including a pseudo
tty can be turned into a 6pack interface.  So all it takes is a network
connection, let's say through ssh, an application on the remote side that
transfers data on the remote side between that connecton and the
/dev/tty... character device to which the TNC is connected.  Same thing
also on the local side, just between the pseudo-tty and the filedescriptor.
Pretty much a nobrainer to implement but latency could be a slight
problem.

(And if you don't truncate the cc list of email you even have a chance to
getting answers in time ...)

  Ralf
-