Hell Gavin,

Yes, this is still an active issue but it doesn't happen to all users. Can you elaborate a little bit on your setup? Regardless, there are some people looking at the issue for it but there isn't anything available yet. Until then, it's understood that 4.1.21 and older kernels have a properly functioning AX.25 stack. Can you downgrade your kernel?

--David
KI6ZHD