Thanks for you great hack. I've downloaded this version,
because I run a scc card.
It compiled without problems, but when I start aprsd
(of course as root) I get:

Opening device radio1
Sockets not supported in this executable

Do I have to use a special option at compile-time
so that socket support is available?

Thanks in advanve
Robert OE8RSQ

PS:
another question:
In aprsd.conf I've said: "tncport radio1"
I'm sure that this is a valid entry in my /etc/axports.
Could it be that I've to say "tncport scc0" instead?
(anyway I've tried it and it did't work either)

You wrote in aprsd.conf:
#This can either be a serial port with a TNC (9600 baud)
#as in /dev/ttyS1, or a Linux AX.25 network interface
#as defined in /etc/ax25/axports.

Is there any difference when saying: "network interface", "socket" or
"ax25-port"?
The name of my port is "radio1" but the network device is named "scc0".