Rob Compton wrote:
> I guess this is the wrong linux group, but you guys are probably just as
> knowledgeable!
>
> I have a Genius GM56-PCI modem in a linux machine. It's motorola chipset
> based job, and I don't know what to use as a driver.
>
> Any ideas what to use, or where to get it?

Chances are that modem is a WinModem.  Go to:
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/20000716a.html
and search for your modem by FCC ID number.  I found a few entries that
appeared to match, but can't be sure.  The ones I found were all WinModems.

If it is indeed a WinModem, then unless the folks at:
http://linmodems.org
have developed or located a Linux driver that modem won't do you any good.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
                              |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"
'91 GS500E                    |
Morgantown WV                 |  Only dead fish go with the flow.