On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Lars-Peter Clausen <l...@metafoo.de> wrote:
> On 11/17/2015 03:28 PM, Shubhrajyoti Datta wrote:

>>> The IP version is the axi-iic v2.0 Revision 8. I've tested this on a few
>>> platforms, custom ones and standard ones and I could reproduce it on most.
>>> One of them was on the ZED board. The one where I couldn't reproduce it was
>>> the ZC706. But that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't happen there, just
>>> that it is not triggered by the testcase.
>> All the boards having the same version of the ip is what I have understood.
>>
>> Thanks for the info I will try to  reproduce the issue.
>>

>>> The problem is that it is random corruption,
>> Of registers?
>
> To be honest I don't know if there is corruption during I2C write transfers,
> but there is definitely corruption during read transactions.
Ok

Actually  I was thinking it is only an issue with

<quote>
/* dynamic mode seem to suffer from problems if we just flushes
* fifos and the next message is a TX with len 0 (only addr)
* reset the IP instead of just flush fifos
*/
xiic_reinit(i2c);
<\quote>

I think as of now since read is also impacted we can revert it.