Siddharth Taneja wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to port our software system (uses a 2.4.20 kernel) to a new platform which has a ICH6R controller. Due to some reasons we cannot update our kernel to a more recent one (probably 2.4.27) which has libata support in it. I can successfully patch the kernel (after some modifications) with the 2.4.26-libata patch and get the system up and running using the drivers/ide code. But I cannot seem to get the ata_piix (scsi layer) working (does not patch cleanly). Is there a patch available for 2.4.20 that can get the ICH6R support. Or is there a way to get the dma mode enabled with the drivers/ide code?

Turn off combined mode, and PATA DMA will start working.

        Jeff