On Sunday 04 September 2005 21:18, Trevor Cordes wrote:
> I'm getting a couple of times every couple of days:
>
> Sep  1 07:09:53 piles kernel: hdq: dma_intr: bad DMA status (dma_stat=75)
> Sep  1 07:09:53 piles kernel: hdq: dma_intr: status=0x50 { DriveReady
> SeekComplete } Sep  1 07:09:53 piles kernel: ide: failed opcode was:
> unknown
>
> They're running off of the onboard Intel 845D IDE, onboard Promise PDC20276 
> [...] 2 CMD680-based cards. [...] The 8 250's are all IDE masters.  The 4 
> 160's share 2 IDE channels (master+slave). 

I had a similar problem with a SiI680 (and since lspci states that Silicon 
Image was formerly CMD Tech. I thought it might be related). In my case, I 
got lost interrupts and dma errors when I used both channels of the SiI680 
simultaneously. I serialized both channels (kernel parameters ide2=serialize 
ide3=serialize) and the problems went away (I am not sure though how much of 
a performance impact it has).

If you want more detailed info on my scenario to compare it to yours, please 
check bug 5145: http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5145 .

Christoph Burger-Scheidlin
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in
the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to