I'm currently setting up a new x86_64 server with 6x400G 7200.8 drives using 3x Sil3132 and the sata_sil24 driver.
Kernel 2.6.13 + 2.6.13-rc7-libata1.patch.bz2 So far, it kicks ass. A simple RAID-0 across 4 drives on 2 controllers lets me hit 270 MB/sec on zcav, and I'm having trouble getting bonnie++ to produce numbers instead of "++++". (It failed with 256K files; I'm trying again with 1024K). The one problem is that attempting to run hddtemp on one of the drives kills the machine hard. (For now, I'll just avoid doing that.) Anyway, since this is fairly new and I was nervous about SATA support (I avoided using the Nforce4 on-board SATA), I thought I'd send a success report. I couldn't get an AHCI controller on an AMD processor (except for 2 pprts in a ULi chipset), so after reviewing the alternatives, it looked like Silicon Image were being among the friendliest to Linux driver development. - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
