Hi Tejun,

Hmmm... Can you use a separate PSU to power two of the four drives and
see what happens?  Just power up a PSU as directed in the following
webpage and connect two of the harddrives to the PSU.

  http://modtown.co.uk/mt/article2.php?id=psumod

thanks for that link, we will try that and keep you updated what happens!

I don't know.  Till now all the problem cases have been isolated to a
specific controller / drive combination (sata_promise and newer seagate
drives) or hardware configuration problem (most of them being PSU
issues), so I don't think we need such option yet.  If you have a
problematic hardware which pukes on 3.0Gbps, libata should do the right
thing after complaining a bit which IMHO isn't too bad.

So, loss of data or data corruption can't occur, even when we have to wait until the speed is limited?

Florian