Tejun Heo wrote:
Jake wrote:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-ide&m=120069298104580&w=4

It has been 2 weeks here hunting for some solutions,
can you recommend anything that I should try? Thank you.
Can you please post full boot log from the working kernel && broken
kernel?  It seems you were using ide-scsi driver previously, right?
Also, w/ libata driver, does the reading part work okay?  Can you read
cd's?
Sure, Tejun, here they are:

working 2.6.16 kernel boot log
http://tinyurl.com/2xtzjf

broken 2.6.23.9 kernel boot log
http://tinyurl.com/yvkq6v

I will reboot as soon as my batch job completes to test the cds.

Does sata_nv.adma=0 fix your problem?

This is almost certainly the already-known DMA mask issue with ADMA enabled and memory over 4GB present.