Alan Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:29:01 +0900
> Tejun Heo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> port_info->private_data is currently used for two purposes - to record
>> private data about the port_info or to specify host->private_data to
>> use when allocating ata_host.
>
> Sensible point, horrible implementation - I'd NAK this strongly in favour
> of switching to:
>
> ata_pci_init_one(....., private_ptr);
>
> otherwise when that glue changes we are going to keep having to fix six
> or more drivers.

That alloc-init-register sequence is now the standard initialization
sequence used by all drivers which either aren't SFF or need extra stuff
on top of SFF.  ata_pci_init_one() being pretty simple at this point, I
thought the converted ones could just follow the suit instead of
updating every ata_pci_init_one() call.

Oh well, you deal with most SFF drivers anyway.  I'll add "void
*host_priv" to ata_pci_init_one().

Thanks.

--
tejun