saeed bishara wrote:
 Mmm.. sounds like a bug to me.  Possibly two bugs:

 1. the ioremap() should fail if the range is already mapped, and
 2. we should free the resources on module unload.

 I suppose this would be mostly automatic if the code simply
 were to use devm_ioremap() instead of ioremap().
my understanding for the /proc/iomem was totaly wrong..
the ioremap() actually allocated different address each time,
..

Good.  That makes a lot more sense.

I don't know if should fail if the range is already mapped,
but maybe the name (remap) hints that it is shouldn't.
anyway, I replaced ioremap with devm_ioremap and it looks fine. I'll
send the new patch in different email.
..

I think that the code should first call devm_request_region()
to reserve the ioports -- this will then fail if the ports are in-use.
After success there, it should then call devm_ioremap(),
which gives a virtual address back (the "remap" part) for use within the kernel.

Cheers