Mark Lord wrote:
Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
..
The split wasn't done by the iommu. The split was done by the IDE code
itself to handle the stupid 64k crossing thingy. If it's done
differently now, it might be possible to remove it, I haven't looked.
..

The block layer uses seg_boundary_mask to ensure that we never have
to split them again in the LLD.
..

James B.  suggests that we stick a WARN_ON() into libata to let us
know if that precondition is violated.  Sounds like an easy thing to do
for a couple of -rc cycles someday.

Cheers