On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Peter L. Peres wrote:

> >"Linux Commercial Shipments Will Increase at a Four-Year Rate of 25%"
>
> I know that this is interesting but let's see 25% (impressing) per four
> years, reported to ONE year, and plot that against commercial shipments
> of/for other platforms, yes ? Just to keep seeing the woods while looking
> at the trees.

i think they refered to "25% per year, on each of the coming 4 years".
that is, 25% on 1999, 25% on 2000, 25% on 2001 and 25% on 2002. if you
read IDC's reports (or rather, quotes of their reports, i never read any
of their full commercial reports) you'll see that all 'rates' are yearly,
unless explicitly stated otherwise.

guy