Mike,
the way you've worded the labs, I assume they're for people with at least
unix user experience, and probably a basic sysadmin course under their
belts - if not, you're gonna have a job explaining concepts such as
"partitioning" and "swap partition" to windows users!

consider these additions:

 o LILO (DEFINATELY a lab to itself)
 o setting up kde/GNOME/kdm
 o kernel configuration/recompilation (eg adding sound-support/as a module)
   and upgrading / package control (rpm or the debian equivalent - I
   forget)
 o ppp/dns/firewalls etc.
 o basic linux troubleshooting, /var/log file deciphering etc..

Good luck!

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Mike wrote:

> Hi ppl.
> I got this little (or maybe not so little) project of designing lab
> lessons for linux.
> So far i have 6-7 labs :
> 1. installation and global environment.
> 2. basic environment parameters.
> 3. advance environment parameters and security.
> 5. installing and configuring FTP server.
> 6. installing and configuring HTTP server.
> 7. installing and configuring SMTP server.
> 8. installing the X environment.
>
> i think that i need some more....:-))
>
> So if u got any idea for a lab then pls tell me.
> (that can be a BIG issue or a little issue)
>
> Mike

-- Jeremy Hoyland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]