On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Evgeny Popov wrote:

> I want to convince my company ( Mekorot )

you mean before the next strike, after, or during? (sorry, just couldn't
resits). but read on, please...

> to use LINUX in one of our
> SCADA projects, but i need to be sure that LINUX will be able to serve
> us.
> If anyone can help me giving an expert opinion for the network
> configuration plz let me know at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and i will e-mail you
> the project description.

if you think it will help, i can dig up some former issues of Linux
journal, where a linux-based SCADA system that was develped and is in use
by some company was discussed, with details on how they ran the project,
what role linux served, etc. that might help your managers to se that
they're not the first ones to take this path. this article was published
under the 'Linux means business" column.

guy