"Stanislav Malyshev a.k.a Frodo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I do not get your point. If someone decides to (re-)compile kernel without
> functionality, needed for some programs, then what you expect this program
> to do? It fails with informative error message, what else do you want? If
> you compile kernel without support for some filesystem, do you expect
> mount to be "safe" on it? It would just say "I can't", and it's perfectly
> valid.

Which is why I said that it might well be a valid design decision of
the rmmod author. However, the cron stanza that was, I assume, a part
of the distribution, makes an assumption that it should not make. Not
much harm done, but it seems to me there is room for
improvement. Let's cut it here - the question was asked and answered.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BLOOMBERG L.P. (BFM)     [EMAIL PROTECTED]