> as you suggested to deal with my ppp support problam
> i did a make xconfig but in there i didnt found any ppp module or any thing
> like that...
>
> so my quastion is...
>
> what am i looking for in the xconfig menu?

Something like CONFIG_PPP. When included as a module, your
/usr/src/linux/.config (if I remember the name correctly) should have a line
like
CONFIG_PPP=m

The PPP HOWTO and the Kernel HOWTO should be helpful.

As far as I know, most distors have PPP support included by default. How come
you do not have it ?

> (i've been told i need a dhcp client to connect to mishkei..
> so.. im asking mishkei users.. is it true?)

I have only a faint idea what dhcp is. However, if connecting to your ISP from
Win9? is done by a modem (and dynamic IP) then you probably do not need it.
Yet with my faint idea on what dhcp is I would say that for a Kibbutz member
there is sense for the need of dhcp. But doesn't dhcp usually means having a
NIC as well ?
Why do not you try www.mishkei.org.il support as well ?