> Is Linux preemptive ?
> Does anyone know about a site about Linux and embeded systems ?

Are you willing to tell us why are you asking?
I would also explore real time Linux. With my debian system:

[21:18:05 /tmp]$ grep-available rtlinux
Package: rtlinux-doc
 By now, this package contains Jerry Epplin's man pages. RT-Linux
 makes it possible to use Linux to control real time applications
 like scientific experiments, model railways, or industrial plants.
 These man pages are outdated, by now. The package rtlinux contains
 man pages. This package rtlinux-doc will contain examples for the
 use of rtlinux.

Package: rtlinux
 See http://www.rtlinux.org/~rtlinux for further information.