Ira Abramov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I didn't know we had digests in listar, I stand corrected,

They're badly composed (just all texts in a single message, instead of being
properly MIME-encapsulated). As a result, replying to a message in a digest is
quite a pain. BUT - egroups do this stupid thing, too :^)

>   and header
>  digests ARE smaller. they only list headers and links directly to the
>  full messages in the archive. really useful IMHO.

I personally find header digests by and large useless, but it's MHO, too.

>  so, once more, please visit the site, try to subscribe and play with the
>  features. if no one objects, or maybe even decides it's the coolest
>  thing since modular monolithic kernels, we can make the move in a week
>  or two.

All in all, I'd vote for egroups, given we get the anti-spam feature. But who
can garantee their spam policy (or, in general, all service policies) won't
change in the future - like charging some money per email/KB/time period/list
etc?

Regards,

Evgeny

  / Evgeny Stambulchik  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  \
 /  Plasma Laboratory, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel \  \
 |  Phone : (972)8-934-3610  == | == FAX   : (972)8-934-3491 |  |
 |  URL   :    http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/~fnevgeny/  |  |