On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Chen Shapira wrote:

> We can take mounting a step farther.
>
> All hard drives and partitions will be recognized at boot time by the kernel
>
> every partition in FStab will be mounted accordingly
> the rest will be mounted on /b /c /d and so on...

Mandrake 7 did that without asking me. the Linux are the last partitions
on the drive, and ofcourse during install I asked it to mount /, /boot
and /home, but after I booted I had all of them in my fstab, like so:

/dev/sda1 /mnt/DOS_sda1 vfat user,exec,conv=auto 0 0
/dev/sda5 /mnt/DOS_sda5 vfat user,exec,conv=auto 0 0
(yes, no spaces or tabulation)

that's not /c and /d, but it's closer to utopia with each distro version
:-)

--
Ira Abramov ;  whois:IA58  ;  www.scso.com ;  all around Linux enthusiast
"Problem solving under linux has never been the circus that it is under