>From www.isoc.org.il/domains

The Israeli Chapter of the Internet Society is the registry of Internet Domain
Names under the ".il" national Top Level Domain (ccTLD).

The Domain Names Allocation Rules are in effect since January 1, 1999. Below
you will find the Allocation Rules (and the previous rules document). You may
also consult the FAQ.

Please use the following resources when planning to acquire a domain name
under the ".il" suffix: