On Sat, 5 Feb 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hey,
>
> i've just reinstalled slackware 4.0 (dont ask why) all went good, but
> when i got to the lilo part it told me he cant install lilo (after i
> chose an 'MBR lilo' install) , so i did a 'floppy lilo' install and
> thought every thing shuld be oaky.
>
> after finishing the install and restarting, lilo didnt boot it just
> wrote:
>
> LI

if you are using a disk larger than 8.5GB try setting the CMOS setup to
"NORMAL" instead of "LBA".

otherwise try passing "linear" to the kernel in /etc/lilo.conf

> and halt.
>
> i booted from my floopy and the lilo.config file looked normal.
> i tried to reinstall lilo but i got this message: "Cylinder is too big
> 1026 > 1023", how can i fix it?! (i realy need to boot win95 for some
> weird reasons) , i didnt messed with fdisk if that's what yer thinking.

 - yba

   EE 77 7F 30 4A 64 2E C5  83 5F E7 49 A6 82 29 BA    ~. .~   TclTek Ltd.
  - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - tel: +972.52.670.353, http://www.tcltek.co.il -