> DOnt buy "Advice" Becouse you cant controll it from linux.
>
> Though NUT going to solve it. (Probobly)
>
> http://www.exploits.org/nut/

1) Advice has just informed me that their UPS is compatible with
those of powercom. Powercom is mentioned on the UPS Compatibility List
of the NUT (Network UPS Tools), http://www.exploits.org/nut/. It is
my understanding that they refer to dumb mode as well as smart mode
but I have not checked it myself.

Are there any other reasons not to buy their products?
The UPS-HOWTO is warning from them. Is that changed? Can anyone provide
good/bad opinion about them?

2) Although it is probably obvious I would like people here to confirm
that the switch (transient) time of an off line or interactive line UPS
does not impose any problem to its back up capabilities.

> Shaul Karl wrote:
>
> > Can you recommend one or more UPS manufactures / models ?
> > A supplier (can be from abroad)?
> > What to look for / watch out when buying one?
> > I am aware to the UPS HOWTO. (By Harvey J. Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> > Updated 18 November 1997.)
> >
> > Requirments:
> > 1) A small unit for one Linux desktop.
> > 2) Cheap, reliable, an Israeli reseller is preferable but I do not mind
> > ordering from abroad and waiting a few weeks.

> --
> Canaan Surfing Ltd.
> Internet Service Providers
> Ben-Nes Michael - Manager
> Tel: 972-6-6925757
> Fax: 972-6-6925858
> http://www.canaan.co.il

Shaul Karl                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.