Quoth Alex Shnitman on Mon, Apr 17, 2000:
> Hi, Vadim!

Hi there.  The trademark 'Guinness' comes to mind for some reason.

> On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 06:16:42PM +0300, you wrote the following:

Yes, I did.

> > Can lftp do PASV FTP?  Because last time I checked (a year ago,
> > probably) it couldn't.
>
> It can, just put "set ftp:passive-mode on" in your config file (either
> /etc/lftp.conf or ~/.lftp/rc).

Oh, thanks.  It seems like I missed it completely, expecting to
find this option as a simple command.  Stupid me.

> "I may not understand what I'm installing, but that's not my job. I
> just need to click Next, Next, Finish here so I can walk to the next
> system and repeat the process"
>       -- Anonymous NT Admin

Nice one.  Reminds me of RPM.

BTW, do you, or anyone else on this list who spends some of his
or her time in Jerusalem, have Debian i386 stable CDs?  Because
I'm a little tiny bit over the edge with Mandrake, GODDAMN THE
MOTHERFSCKER WHO CREATED IT MY GHOD I HATE IT!!!  Ahem.  Sorry.
And, for various reasons, the machine has to be Linux, so Debian
seems like the obvious choice.

Vadik.

--
To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to
provide a test load.