On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:09:38 +0300, "David Tabachnikov (NetHunter)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>There is a great KDE program named kISDN, that does everything for you.
>freshmeat.net and find it.
The problem with kISDN is that it's shareware, and that it's KDE only. If you
want to stay with a command line tool it doesn't help you.

On the other hand, slightly less flashy, but works fine as well, is the new
ISDN support in Redhat 6.2 (actually it was also available as an addon for RH
6.1). It works fine with both a Qt (IIRC) based front-end, as well as a
standard init script. Once you set thing up, all you need to start up the
connection is a single 'isdnctrl dial ippp0' command.

There is also a new ipchains graphical front end, and corresponding init
scripts which are highly recommended (unless you want your machine to be
hacked). This is critical, since unlike Windows, Redhat leaves many services
on by default, including FTP and telnet. (I don't know if it's now off by
default in RH 6.2 since I did an upgrade).

>Almost all cards I know are supported, besides teh TigerJet card.
>
>In kISDN's help files, tehre is a list of all supported hardware.

udi

ннннннннннннннннннннни unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with