Hai,

        I have installed RedHat Linux 6.1 in my machine. It has g77
compiler. But I want to have fort77 compiler also in the same machine.
fort77 does not come in RedHat 6.1. So what I have done is

1. I used the RedHat 5.2 CDROM and using RPM i have installed the g2c
modules and fort77 modules.

2. Now I am getting the fort77 script in /usr/bin directory and the man
pages also.

3. I made a 4 line program to check it out. It compiles without showing
any error.

4. If I execite the executable, I am getting

        segmentation fault (core dump)

The Question is:

?1. Can I install fort77 from RedHat 5.2 in already installed RedHat 6.1
machine? Is there any common (name) library files both for fort77 (version
5.2) and g77 (version 6.1).

?2. If so how do I install fort77 in RedHat 6.1? Can any one say the way
to do the same.

?3 Is there any URL for details.

?4 If I want to get the latest fort77 from website, where is it available?

Thanking You in Advance

N. Sakthivel
Institute for Plasma Research
Bhat, Gandhinagar - 382 428