On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Matan Ziv-Av wrote:

> > I think that we all together will code the hebrew support for office, it
> > will be not so hard..

> You don't have to wait for Star office. There are a few free word
> processors already:
> Abiword
> Maxwell
> KWord

none of them is a full office suite yet.

> And probably any of them is easier to add bidi support than Star, since
> they are smaller.

interesting conclusion, I can't see how it was derivied. the size of the
code (which you don't know, because you didn't download for StarOffice
yet) has nothing to do with the complexity or extendability of the
wordprocessor's rendering engine's code. for all you know it's spaghetti
in Abi and KWord and clean in StarOffice. it all remains to be seen.

I encourage our esteemed membrs of the list who can afford the tiome and
knowhow to pool for this cause. be it for Kword or office or Abi.

--
Ira Abramov, GNU/Linux advocate.
(@-