Lotus Notes is quite good. I'm using it for several monthes.
It's not quite the same as Micrsoft Exchange, but you can access it with
Outlook 2000 though IMAP or through a native driver.
And (IMHO) it's a lot more secure (comes with S/MIME, SSL, a signature
system, database encryption in the basic package) and has supported Hebrew
from the Web Access a lot sooner the Exchange/IIS did.
Plus it has, a CENTRALIZED ADMINISTRATION (no need to chages the
workstations).

Isaac Aaron
Azorim Construction

                    Eli Marmor

                    <marmor@             To:     ILUG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    elmar.co.il>         cc:

                    Sent by: root        Subject:     Re: some issues

                    @

                    main.aquanet.

                    co.il

                    14/08/00

                    10:56

Ira Abramov wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > 3. any one HAS EXPERIENCE with any product ( commercial or free ) that
> > could give me
> >    the full functionality of an microsoft-exchange-server ( not just
>
> nope. HP's comes the closest and everybody agrees it sucks :(

In case anybody is interested, it's called "OpenMail".

And it is not HP to blame for the quality, but the process: There
are many high-quality software packages for UNIX/Linux, and there
are many high-quality software packages for NT (!). But taking a
product which was designed for one environment of those two, and
porting it (or re-writing it in this case) for the other platform,
is (almost) always bad.

--
Eli Marmor