On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Mike Almogy wrote:

> I will try to find this article and to scan it.
> I really hope that i'm mistaken, the article was written almost a year ago,
> so maybe something was changed.

i've heard of such an article that was published in "people and
computers", and that made this statement regarding cables in general, and
europe's situation in particular.

yet, joining the experiment is for free, and since only a few hundreads of
users will be joining it, i don't assume that connection to "matav
central" would be slow. surely, when they finally open their service,
it'll be as slow as with all other providers, if not slower...

but you tell me - they offer you a free meal - will you reject that offer?

btw, downloa from uunet dropped to 3KB/sec, when tested half an hour
ago.

guy

"For world domination - press 1,