Gavrie Philipson wrote:

> Whatever you call it, it's not something specific to Linux. I have no
> experience with Checkpoint firewalls (IIRC, that's what Shachar
> mentioned), but surely they can redirect a packet from one port to
> another one?
>
> Gavrie.
>
> --
> Gavrie Philipson
> Netmor Applied Modeling Research Ltd.

Actually, since the TCP port is part of the TCP header, which is in turn a
part of the IP message, you must be able to rewrite an IP packet in order to
do this forwarding you mention. Being able to do that qualifies you as a NAT.

Yes, CheckPoint FireWalls can do that, because they can do NAT. A router
cannot do that.

                Shachar