Real modems..yea I forgot anything that linux didn't think about first
isn't real?
winmodem is just another chip no better than the new intel mother boards
that uses memory for the onboard screen card.
pctel chips (as in most win modems) sould work with kenrel 2.4.0
so you can just downlad the newest test version (2 million and one or
something like that). and try it
hey not it's real again.

btw most computer stores I know (in jerusalem) can get you an hardware
modem with no problem.

Ely Levy
System group
Hebrew University