Hi,

What do you mean "the record has disappeared" ?
What are the relevant logs entries tell you ? (tell us)
If you don't have requested that, you might not be able to see
any logging, or only minor ones.
put in your named.conf something like:
logging {
        channel syslog_debug { syslog mail; severity debug 2;
                print-category yes; };
        channel syslog_client { syslog mail; severity debug 2;
                print-category yes; print-severity yes; };
        channel syslog_security { syslog mail; severity debug 2;
                print-category yes; print-severity yes; };
        channel syslog_notify { syslog mail; severity debug 9999;
                print-category yes; };
        channel syslog_xfar { syslog mail; severity debug 7;
                print-category yes; };
        channel syslog_general { syslog mail; severity debug 0;
                print-category yes; print-severity yes; };
        category default { "syslog_debug"; };
        category general { "syslog_general"; };
        category security { "syslog_security"; };
        category config { "syslog_notify"; };
        category xfer-in { "syslog_notify"; };
        category xfer-out { "syslog_xfar"; };
        category notify { "syslog_notify"; };
        category client { "syslog_client"; };
        category update { "syslog_notify"; };
        category lame-servers { null; };
        category resolver { null; };
        category dispatch { null; };
};

mike ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I installed RH 7.1 with bind 9.1 which came with the cd, everything worked
> fine for 2 weeks, today I saw that I do not have any dens resolution at all.
>
> at the named.conf file I saw that it did not even load the zone file, the
> record has disappeared !!
>
> any one with a suggestion or experience with bind 9.1
>
> Michael W Ray
>
> IT Manager

> G-Connect - Helping ISPs to differentiate
> <file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/miker/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Si
> gnatures/www.g-connect.com> www.g-connect.com
>
> POB 2200, Herzlyia B, 46120, Israel
>
> < <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Tel : + 972 9 960 1130 Mobile : + 972 58 636 545

http://www.rshell.org
Join #shellcode on EFnet.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]