On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Yoni Cohen wrote:

> I have an 20G HD, there are already two partitions for windows (FAT32).
> I want to install RH 6.2 Server on different partition, when i try to create
> new 4G 'Linux native' partition under mount point /, i get an error message
> "Boot partition too big", this message appeared also when the size of this
> partition is 1M ?!.

in continuation to previous letters - use 'fdisk' rather then disk druid,
to get past these tests that disk druid is doing. and be sure to create a
boot floppy during the installation.

after you have it all done, you can boot from the floppy, and download a
current version of lilo. it'd install (by default) on top of your current
lilo, and will solve this problem. then you'll need to use the 'lba32'
option in the lilo.conf file, for lilo to use the extended BIOS interface
for disk access, which is what removes the 1024 cylinders limitation lilo
used to have. according to docs i once found on the web, this extended
BIOS interface sohuld exist on all BIOSes from mid 1998 onwards.

hope this helps,

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,