> Haim,
> The default window on linux is 64k. should be enough and over
> the b/w you
> have from your ISP (if RTT is ~300 ms then 64K window is
> about 200Kb/s .
> Does tour ISP give you this much?).
> Dani

Yes indeed. When I start one download from some U.S-based site, I get
around 150-200 kbps, however when I start several downloads from the
SAME site, I can get up to 1.5-1.8 Mbps. Barak's advertising is "2 mbps
downstream", I never got that much, but I do get close sometimes.

Now 300 ms is very good, I often get twice as slow, so let's see, 64 K @
600 ms, we will get around 100 Kb/sec = 800 kbps : half of what I can
easily get. I defenitely see place for improvement.

Haim.