Ishai, on my homble opinion:

 I founded that installing on VMware is great to test different kind of
 installation where you want to play with different hardware.

 you can run multiple virtuals machines in one PC and save a lot of money.

you can  build all kind of networks, I found vmware as a great solution for
 research.

 after you feel confortable with the new operating system, do the switch.